Since I can't let me sweetie down, I sat down and googled what to do with a real pumpkin. Thank goodness for the internet and blogs with pictures!!
In case you want to know, it is EASY.
1. Cut your pumpkin into 4 big chunks (like cutting a melon). I used an electric knife.
2. Scoop out the seeds and guts with a spoon.
3. Lay it on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for at least an hour.
5. Put in a blender or food processor and add a tiny bit of water.
6. Freeze 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups in a ziplock bag. This makes it easier later when making things, it is already measured for you.
I baked my pumpkin and made my own puree for pumpkin bread. It had pinned a pumpkin bread recipe and it came with an icing recipe too. SO GOOD!!! Here is the pumpkin bread recipe link I used. I suggest trying it.
|Pumpkin bread from scratch and buttercream icing.|