_verify" content="bbb841dd5e0db345e51757e59e8d03cb"/>

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Letter X Thematic Unit - X-Rays

My little pumpkin was really interested in this lesson. I began with telling him about bones in our body and discussed how X-rays work. I also found a "dem bones" song on youtube for us to watch too.

Then we did the following X-ray crafts and a few of the letter X activities from my thematic unit.

 Letter X - X Ray Thematic Unit click here to purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers. Or click here to purchase from Teachers Notebook.

Here he felt the bones in his arm and fingers. We glued q-tips on to look like bones of a x-ray.

Here we talked about the shape of bones and he glued them on the letter X.


For part of his letter recognition I have a page if different letters in different fonts (included in my unit). He used a pink dot maker (because we are learning the color pink this week).

These are just a few of the activities. We did many many more. I think he learned a lot this week. Some weeks are just better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment